Hotels in Cuba Here in Cuban Food Recipes we want to help you with some advice about lodging in Cuba and Where to stay when traveling. When traveling to Cuba, one of the main things to address is a place to stay. Like in most […]
Author: Alejandro Pérez
And finally, a Cuban coffee … a little coffee cup, a good cigar, plus a small glass of liquor, aged rum or cognac … and to talk over the dinner table.
Of all this, the only thing that is done at home is coffee, which traditionally accompanies us since dawn. For any Cuban, it is indispensable and irreplaceable symbol of hospitality a cup (generally small) of coffee, which today is usually expressed in espresso coffee machines, but if you prefer it truly Creole, here is the recipe:
First, get a cloth sieve in the form of a funnel white, of course, it later loses that color. Before starting to use it, boil it a couple of times in coffee grounds so that the first coffee does not taste like a cloth.
Second: Look for a lectern or “steep”, which can be made of wood or aluminum, to hold the strainer, and place a small jug under it.
Only the first time:
For each cup of coffee you want, boil:
1 cup of water (about ¼ cup or 2 ounces)
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
When it begins to boil, pour it (for each cup of water) – 2 tablespoons of coffee, stir it. Leave it on the candle until it starts to rise again. Strain it If necessary, heat it in a water bath.
From Later On
… And then, every time you go making coffee:
Boil the previous coffee grounds with water first. Use that water to make the new coffee: For each cup of coffee that you want to make, boil 1 cup of water from the coffee grounds (approximately ¼ cup or 2 ounces) and ¾ tablespoon of brown sugar. Do it in the same way before, but use only one teaspoon of coffee for each cup.
With this method you save 50% coffee every time you strain it. And if the cups are not very large, you can get 3 servings with only double the measures
Invented in the prestigious Hotel Nacional, it is the epitome of the elegance of Cuban cocktails with the subtle mix of delicious flavors such as pineapple and apricot.
- 50ml Havana Club Añejo 3 Years
- Apricot brandy 10ml
- 25 ml of fresh pineapple juice
- 10ml sugar syrup
- 20 ml of fresh lime juice.
Add the pineapple
Add the rest of ingredients
Shake all the ingredients with force
Pour into a cocktail glass.
Description Enjoy the ice cream Daiquiri created according to the original recipe of Floridita, the legendary bar in Havana, by the famous bartender Constante Ribalaigua in 1937. Ingredients An electric mixer 2 tablespoons of sugar The juice of half a lemon A few drops of […]
Proverbs are the synthesized expression of a thought and are used in daily activities, forming part of our language. There are some that are millennial and others very typical of countries and regions. Some have universal size.
Also known as sayings, they are used as a reference and sometimes they are the only way to make us understand.
As globetrotters traveling from country to country and from continent to continent as forms of culture, they are nourished by the ecological and social environment where the people that generate them live, which makes them faithful representatives of their cultural identity.
Below we present 30 that are closely related to the kitchen:
- The dead to the hole and the wine to the chicken
- To eat and drink, money you have to have
- Between cabbage and cabbage, lettuce
- Keep believing that chicharron is meat
- To bread bread and wine wine
- The mango does not give guava
- Love enters by the kitchen
- Those who do not want broth are given 3 cups
- Save bread for May
- Trouble times with bread are lesser
- The one who eats good and bad eats 2 times
- Full belly happy heart
- That’s another matter.
- Shrimp that falls asleep, current carriets it
- Pumpkin Pumpkin each for his house
- The owner of the cow is the owner of the calf
- I buy fish and the i took fear from the head
- The one that is made of honey is eaten by ants
- The oven is not for cookies
- Seeing the milk given by the cow better feed the calf
- You are eating what the chicken bites
- Clear accounts and thick chocolate
- They caught it roasting corn
- The thought do not drink soup
- You’re like fish on stage
- The one who has already eaten does not remember the one who is hungry
- Scrambled river, profit of fishermen
- The master’s eye fattens the horse
- The cane is going to be to three pieces
- Who gives bread to another dog loses the bread and loses the dog